Whoooo! First anniversary! Today is the first anniversary of Color Me Full. In this lovely year, I have posted 40 times! How awesome is that? I’m excited for the blogging to come, and I have some expectations of what this next year will bring.
Hopefully more delicious recipes (like today’s) and some crafts? Anybody? Anybody?
Let me introduce you to The Golden Mountain Cookies…. Sweet, chewy and very golden. The name of these cookies comes from the Olympics (I created them during the Sochi Winter Olympics and chowed on them while watching our athletes) and the 1st Anniversary of Color Me Full. Golden (like a medal) Mountain (winter, skiing, etc) and obviously they are cookies. These cookies taste like a samoa, without the chocolate. But I’m all for a little melted chocolate drizzled over them!
These cookies are based off of my Grandma’s Oatmeal cookie recipe, but instead of majority flour, it’s majority coconut! It also has two egg whites instead of one whole egg, resulting in a more macaroony texture. Yum!
These cookies stir up and cook really quickly, although you have to wait until they cool completely to eat. (it’s not a RULE, but strongly suggested)
The oats add a little fiber, and the honey lowers the refined sugar content. Healthy? Not quite, but delicious? Oh yes.
Without further ado- here is my crowning (original) recipe!
1 cup coconut
1 cup oats
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla
2 egg whites
1. Combine dry ingredients
2. Whisk egg whites and vanilla together, add honey and whisk until slightly foamy.
3. Pour wet onto the dry and stir together.
4. Let the oats soak up the moisture while you heat the oven to 375F. Prepare pans with parchment paper, you will need to replace paper after every batch, as they leave burnable residue.
5. Bake 10 minutes at 375F. Cool, and remove from paper. Store in airtight container, they are a little sticky on the bottom, so parchment between them isn’t a bad idea.
6. Enjoy the delicious, chewy, golden flavor of these amazing cookies.
Feel free to share them with everyone you know! My family loved them!